Wednesday 22 April 2015

Day 112 2015: Storm front...

Day 112: ...then the calm. 

Also: Post number 500...in a series...taa-daa \\[^o^]// (if that matters)

That's a nice number. But coincidental really to today's matters. Opted to work at home today, writing, thinking. Actually, I was also anticipating a meeting, since late last week, should have been today...but by 3.00pm I still hadn't heard anything despite emails and phone messages. 

I was about to give up. I was feeling a bit like the noisy miner I watched earlier in the day...

Comin' atcha
...yes, dear reader, almost directly at me. Goodness, the risks in this hobby. 

And then a message. A meeting at 4.00pm. Luckily I'm only ten minutes away. 'Cept I was still in working-at-the-home-desk attire...

Anyway, it was a good meeting. More work/research related stuff. Just the sort of thing I like. Anytime of day. 

So as a reward of sorts, I thought I might trek up to the lookout at Mt Gravatt. I figured I might catch some nice sunset colours and night lights. Was actually quite surprised at the extent of renovation going on, including the apparent demolition of the actual lookout platform. It is generally is a great spot for pics from here. 

Anyway, time for a few shots, albeit a bit later than planned, a little calm. 

Last light, tonight
Brisbane, and the moon, and the stars
This is our city (300mm version)
Yes, nice. A nice day here while feeling for our NSW cousins as they navigate their stormy weather. We can truly say, we know what was going on. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm, 75-300mm, 11.38am, 6.23pm-6.38pm]