Friday 3 February 2017

Day 33, 2 Feb 2017: A pick-me-up...

Day 33: ...then onwards and upwards

Today I had to go to the bank to do a couple of transactions. This is not simply a matter of standing in front of an ATM but involves long term engagement with staff. Something about banking in Japan that has intrigued me from day one is the time it takes to get something done. It is all done manually, you see, despite being in a country which has made so many innovation in technology. 

Thirty years since I first visited Japan however, I kind of appreciate that there is still a face to the transaction instead of a machine. I think I prefer it that way.

So, due reward before heading to the office was a ginger latte (and lunchbox and coffee) at my favourite little 'Australian' coffee shop which just so happens to be near the bank branch. 


Highly recommended


Then back at work, I've noticed the work on the Olympic precinct is really starting to press ahead. The island on the Bay is really starting to take shape. This is where the rowing and related events will take place.


Moving along

A flock of seagulls

Really moving along

Sunset flight of the seagull



I expect the work around here will really begin to pick up now that all the politics of the venue selection is (almost) out of the way. Almost. It can only be onwards and upwards from here. 

[Camera : iPhone6S, 1.29pm; Lumix TZ-85, 4.04pm-4.58pm; 2 February 2017]