Friday 3 February 2017

Day 34, 3 Feb 2017: When it's blooming marvellous ...

Day 34: ...and it's not a euphemism

I actually noticed them yesterday, while waiting at the bus stop. Just a few weeks ahead of the very famous cherry blossom season, we have the plum blossom season. It should be in the latter part of February. Earlier this week we had a bit of a rush on spring-like warm weather. The plants (and the people) are confused. 

The red plum at the entrance to the park is a stunning rich red. What else could I do but check it out...

Close up

Bunched up

Blue sky 

And little yellow tugger, my favourite

Wake

Plums in the night


Some days, all you need is a glimpse of plum blossom and blue sky. 

And I went back this evening on the way home just to experiment a little with some artificial light and the baby cam...I have some plans for the cherry blossoms down the track. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 10.49am-10.50am, 1.53pm, 4.25pm, 8.52pm; 3 February 2017]