Sunday 28 May 2017

Day 147, 27 May 2017: Preparations for the week ahead...

Day 147: ...and another paper

If it is Saturday it must be time to go to...the office, or the library, or similar. Because is Saturday...I'm not sure whether that is necessarily a good or bad thing but with an extra guest lecture to do this week and a short presentation to make in a couple of weeks time, there is little else to do really. 

The day part one, started with a trip to my favourite place in Tokyo, the National Library (yes, I know) to copy contents pages of two books on Australia and Japan that I will be using for one of the presentations. After a long complicated process involving not breaking copyright laws (it is fine to copy an entire article from a journal, you can't copy more than 10 percent of a chapter in a book however) I finally got the four pages required (and lunched at my favourite timeless library cafe which was open today) and headed to the office...

The hydrangeas are emerging

along with the morning glories

Azaleas near the library

trying to stand out

One of my favourite escalators, at Nagatacho station, Yurakucho line


Afternoon sun
The things you see on the port sometimes

Just a hint of wheel 



I'm always surprised, not surprised at the number of people at work on the weekends. We really ought to, collectively, do something about that. 

[Camera : iPhone6S 11.34am, 1.59pm-2.05pm, 2.50pm, 5.19pm, Lumix TZ-85, 3.55pm; 27 May 2017]