Wednesday 10 May 2017

Day 130, 10 May 2017: Travel all over the countryside...

Day 130: ...and leave nothing in your wake

Well, not quite, on either count. Yes, there was a bit of travel involved in today's teaching and working, but what was more intriguing was that the wake remained...

Say what? Say you...

I was in the Ariake office for a few hours today before heading out to our western Tokyo campus to take a special lecture on happiness in international politics (yes, I know dear reader, but that's for another post, another day). 

I need to allow about ninety minutes for travel. 

In the meantime, it was the action on the water that stood out today. I recall I may have mentioned a few times over the years on this blog about how important being on or near or in the water has been to my being since...well, forever. I like watching it, I like reading it, I like trying to understand it. 

Today was a puzzle and I wondered if it had to do with the dust clouds earlier in the week. 

Lines on the surface

or patterns

or bubbles

or foam

a busy moment 

in a hurry

A brownish tinge

surface patterns

streak


It seemed the wakes from all the vessels just stayed around longer than usual today. Each time I looked out the window there were more trails in the water. Not a good day for being a spy and leaving no trace. 

It gave me some food for thought all the way out to the west. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 12.24pm-1.00pm, 2.08pm; 10 May 2017]