Tuesday 6 April 2021

Tulips: a year to the day...

 Twelve months later

It was back to campus today, readying for the start of classes on Friday, the new academic year, kind of hoping that the gamble to go with face-to-face classes in the time of Covid...well, hoping it works out OK. First class is Friday morning, 8:50...preceded by peak hour train rides. I'll at least have my fingers crossed and mask on secure and straight.

On this very Tuesday last year, the government announced it was declaring a State of Emergency commencing at midnight, we were all sent home and asked to work from home, including online classes, for at least a month. As it turned out, as we know, that ended up being the entire academic year. As an interesting aside, there were far fewer daily cases this time last year and we are not up to speed with vaccinations just yet, so it is a gamble, if you ask me. Anyway...

On this very Tuesday last year, as I walked back to the station, I took a few pics of the tulips, thinking it would be my last viewing of them for some time. Today, I walked to work a bit earlier to capture what remains of the the tulip festival, after the rain. Like last week's sakura, there is something quite enjoyable about photographing flowers.

I hope you enjoy the selection...




























(Canon EOS M5, 18-150mm)

©️Please respect the copyright of the amateur photographer. Thank you.