Wednesday 23 April 2014

Day 113: Don't get in a flap...

Day 113: ...time to think and write

Well, today was a continuation of yesterday. More reading and the inevitable 'pen to paper' (or 'fingers to the keyboard' more technically) moment where the writing gets underway. It is usually the introductions to essays I find the hardest. What to say; how to say it; how to draw the reader in?

...It starts with the premise that the foundations
 for a Northeast Asian security community
 exist and that nations can
 consciously make choices
 to pursue a militarist or peaceful path... 

And my challenge, of course, is to make a long dead German philosopher sound worthy of reading again in 2014 (and beyond). Poetry slam perhaps...

At one of those 'thinking' points today, one of the more friendly loris dropped by, and walked along the handrails with more determination than an academic writing about long dead philosophers. 


It's not just left-wing thinking...[digitised and enhanced]
Later in the day, with the introduction written, I chanced upon my little local cafe...I've become the cake-tester-in-chief...it's a responsibility I shall bear for the community. Today: banana cake, very healthy. It's what Kant meant by his moral imperative, I'm sure. 

A moral imperative to taste-test...



[Camera : iPhone 4S, 9.05am, 3.47pm]