Thursday 10 April 2014

Day 100: What you see here...

Day 100: ...may not be what I see...

Really day 100, back on track (we hope). And so, to a couple of meetings in the city today: one in West End on the south side of the river and one at Riverside, all the way over to the other side of the CBD. I walked quite a bit today, in fact, according to Google maps, somewhere in the vicinity of four or five kilometres, on foot. 

There was just enough time in between the morning meeting and the lunchtime meeting to sit by the State Library and read....Hannah Arendt...

The weather was pleasant enough to sit outside. From where I was seated, I was struck by the roof line of the library...and the changes that came about as the clouds above changed their colour and shape too.


Face in the clouds 1

Face in the clouds 2

Face in the clouds 3

An accidental artwork. #nofilter

I walked into the city a little bit later. I always look at our city in a slightly different light (no pun intended) when I return from overseas...the sorts of objects in the urban landscape that entranced me in Chicago for example, could I see the same sort of thing in Brisbane. What does our city look like from a visitor's point of view...?

You should do it in your place one day...it is quite fascinating. 

(Camera : iPhone 4S, 11.40am. 11.54am, 12.11pm)

Day 100 of #project365...265 days to go.