Monday 21 April 2014

Day 110.5: A little moonlight dancing...

Day 110.5: ...with a little imagination

This is just a little add-on post from yesterday...because the koala so unexpectedly took centre stage. But part of the day was also about heading out and about with a friend as she learnt to use her new camera. That's always interesting...to see things through the eyes of a beginner. Much like teaching, it's an important skill we ought not forget. Anyway, probably my favourite pic from a short sunset stroll around the City Botanic Gardens was my pic of these blossoms...if we were in Tokyo, they'd be cherry blossoms, but I'm not sure what this was doing blossoming in autumn. 


All in the timing
My other aim for the day was to capture the moonrise. The night before, the moon was a big, slightly clipped, red disc. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take photos there and then. So it was an adventure to Manly at around 9.30pm for a scheduled 9.40 moonrise. 


Rising above Manly Harbour

A few minutes  later...
So, not quite as spectacular as the night before, and my moon pics need work, but a bit of fun nonetheless and a spot of moonlight dancing...


Moonlight dancing


...with a little imagination. Which is what it is all about, really.

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 75-300mm, 5. 21pm, 9.56pm, 10.02pm,with cropping]

*And I've just realised my camera has been set to Tokyo time...the time on all the Canon pics need to be brought forward an hour...an actual 'der' moment.