Wednesday 25 February 2015

Day 56 2015: Last waves...

Day 56: ...waves waves goodbye

After setting myself the aim of getting to the beach at least once a week after work, I realised today is likely to be the last time for a while. It was fun while it lasted. Next week classes commence. I'll be teaching a couple of evenings, I have commitments on other evenings. And next week I return to the student side of the desk myself. I join thousands of other students around the country in postgraduate coursework on the way to a Masters in Education. It's a long story...you'll be hearing about it I reckon. 

Anyway, there are classes for the next five or so weeks, on Wednesday evenings. Yes, dear reader, on what has become our Moffat Beach evening with fish and chips. I thought I best make the most of the last evening for a while.

Last waves, with clouds
Waves and wash


Curling


Rising

I got down there quite a bit later than anticipated, and the surfers weren't crowding out the waves quite as much. Turned out to be a low light, high-speed (ISO 4000) experimental evening. Got some interesting slow motion waves...

So we wave goodbye for now, but we'll be back soon, at some point, hopefully Moffat point. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 70-300mm, 6.51-6.54pm]