Tuesday 16 June 2015

Day 167 2015: A day bookended...

Day 167: ...with raindrops and frangipani

So it was a day that I nearly got away with staying home to work...nearly. With no classes and lots of work to be done, best undisturbed, sometimes it is a better decision to skip the 200km round trip and stay home and do the work. When it is raining, it makes even more sense. 

But no, some obscure sense of duty made me go, positive I'd get all that work done there anyway. 

Wrong. 

Lots of discussions around the corridors today meant the plunger of coffee I made at 11.30am, was poured at 1.05pm, and finally I got to drink it at 2.15pm. Not bad I suppose for a 'morning coffee' over a 'late lunch'...

Anyway, lucky for the project, I grabbed a pic or two this morning: raindrops and frangipanis (yep, they're still flowering), two of my favourite things, and an inquisitive centipede...

The frangipani has landed

There's a story waiting to be told...

And then when I finally got home this evening, after tai chi and shopping duties. there it was, still sitting where I left it. The frangipani at night, by torchlight. 

Frangipani by torchlight

Purely just for the experimental fun of it...a day bookended with frangipanis...now that wouldn't have happened if I hadn't gone to the office...


[Camera : Canon 60D, 28-80mm, 7.25pm, 9.49pm]