Tuesday 30 June 2015

Day 181 2015: EOFY...

Day 181: ...or something

But things go on. Today is the end of the financial year. We're also halfway through the year and coincidentally, almost halfway through this year's project...and so far, pretty up-to-date.

I probably should be doing some kind of celebratory photo series. Not that I as an ordinary taxpayer necessarily have anything to celebrate. Indeed, we are in the throes (the final ones it must be said) of marking and grading. Almost there. 

The sun was out this morning, after a few grey days, and it struck the current flowers in a way that was just so. Well, I liked it, so I figured you might too, dear reader. 

Tulips opening up

The i[r]is

And when I got to work, all the birds that were not swans were out and about strutting their stuff in the sun. And even though they were more the ugly ducklings rather than yesterday's beautiful swans, I have to say that despite their urban reputation, I have a bit of a soft spot for the ibis. 
The i[b]is
But perhaps not the plover, which I understand prefers the name 'lapwing' these days...hmm. 

Tomorrow: more marking. No happy new [financial] year parties planned here. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 75-300mm, 7.46am, 9.44am]