Monday 17 January 2022

Some days...

...maybe just one (17/365, 17 Jan 2022)

Some days, despite best intentions, there might be just one pic. Today is one of those days. January in Japan, is actually the end of the teaching year, the academic year commencing in April and ending in March. January (and this year, the first week of February) is usually when we wind up the teaching, the remaining few weeks taken up with marking, grading, preparing for the next year, graduations, welcoming ceremonies and then starting all over again. 

This was supposed to all end for me last year. This time last year, I had planned to be counting down the teaching hours before 'retiring' from teaching and heading home to write, mostly. Of course, this pandemic ... well, we all know the rest. 

So it is kind of appropriate that today's pic is a quick snap taken of the the sunset, from the end of the corridor. Winter in Japan often gives us wonderful blue skies and at this time the year, often brilliant sunsets. After a morning of online meetings and a trip to work around lunchtime, as tempted as I was to step outside, work, as it does, overtook my good intentions. 

I'll just keep looking wistfully at my sunset view...waiting for my turn to come. 

But for these buildings, we might see Mt Fuji from here...


Today, a quick pic on the iPhone 12 mini.