Friday 6 May 2016

Day 127 2016: A little bleaker today...

Day 127: ...but one can always make something out of it

So most people were back at work today, not all though. It's not only Australians who like to make a long weekend out of a misplaced 'back to work' Friday. No such luck for me though, it was a hi ho, hi ho, off to work I go day for me today. 

Not that I had a problem with that. I get a fair bit done on Fridays now with all the new person paperwork completed, almost very nearly, at least. And I get the view. 

And today, I took the big cam with me do I expected to take some time to get a few pics. I did not expect the rain however...so had to buy an umbrella along the way...most annoying when there are perfectly good ones at home. 

Anyway, down came the rain...what was I to do?

Well, not one to let a raindrop or two get in the way of a pic, I decided, on the way home and in the rain, to photograph one of the interesting buildings near work; you saw it yesterday in the sunset pic and yes, I've taken it a few times previously. 

I like the way it is grey, and almost two-dimensional. For some reason I thought it would look interesting in the rain...

All the greys...


And so followed the theme: seeking colours in the grey.


Mostly grey

Grey with relfection

Raindrops on grey with hints of tints

Drippy greys

More drops, on grey

The wheel, and raindrops

See, have camera, will make something out of nothing.

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 5.44pm-5.49pm, 6 May 2016]