Friday 11 November 2016

Day 316 2016: On being a responsible person ...

Day 316: ...when the weather says 'no'

Imagine: Alarm at 5.10am; class starts at 9.00am; in between there must be at least 90mins commuting.

Outside: dark; rain (lots of); cold (lots of). 

What would be the sensible thing? Stay in bed of course. 

But, when one is a lecturer and students will be turning up at about 9.00am, same as you, to take this class...well, there's not much choice really.

And so it was, up I got, off I went, taught I did (wait, that's not quite right). There was a delay on the subway to boot, someone was unwell and had to be taken off the train. I understand how they felt. I think we all did. 

Anyway, that was the day. When I did get outside, there was also wind aplenty to add to the mix. I guess it has been that sort of week really.

On arriving at work

Looking below, into the quadrangle

Didn't improve during the day


At least it was the last Friday early class for a while. This term ends next week and only two early classes to go...there's a positive.

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 8.43am, 8.53am, 3.23pm; 11 November 2016]