Tuesday 22 March 2022

A little rest in order...

 ... and perhaps some reading too ... (80/365, 21 Mar 2022)

After a busy few days, today being a public holiday...I could keep being busy, or...do not very much. I had a few thoughts about going here and there but as the day wore on, I came to realise around 3:00pm, it wasn't likely to happen. Some days, you just have to stop and smell the roses, or read the books in my case, especially yesterday's haul.

When it came to thinking about today's pic, I was about to go out for a short walk around the block when I heard a bird call, not as close as the pigeon pair the other day (indeed, not the pigeon pair), but near enough to perhaps get a shot from the balcony. 

There is a tv antenna atop the apartments across the road, and the birds perch themselves there quite a bit. And that's where today's bird perched, conveniently, in the fading sunlight, at the time I was seeking a pic...


They're not my lovely lorikeets at home, but I do like my birds of Tokyo


This one is a hiyodori I think, a brown-eared bulbul (I suppose birds have 'ears'). It is always an interesting challenge to guess the birds of Tokyo. And especially grateful when they turn up at just the right time. 

Tomorrow there is the promise of rain, snow and possibility of blackouts as the temperatures plunge to around 2 degrees across Tokyo. The blackouts might occur if everyone puts their heaters on at the same time. I might have to have another day at home, just to be safe...

Today's pic on the Canon EOS 90D, 100-300mm, at 300mm and clipped just a bit.