Monday 9 October 2017

Day 281, 8 Oct 2017: Paperback rider...

Day 281: ...October one pic:one story 8

What does it take to be 'a writer'? 
I wondered that today as I sat in on a number of sessions at a writers conference here in Tokyo, a conference for people who write about Japan, mostly in English, people from 'outside'. 

I suppose I am a writer of sorts. I write, therefore I...? I am an academic, therefore I write?

Today, among writers and poets, photographers and playwrights, I was 'just an academic'. It was an interesting standpoint, part observational, part uncertainty, part unsure I should have been there.


To read is to write is to read...is to read etc


Still, it was a way to spend a day, listening and learning about how others tackle their work. 

Perhaps I could start, I don't know, a blog perhaps to overcome the stumbling blocks, the imagined barriers. 

Or just continue on my way. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 10.12pm; 8 October 2017] 

*'Paperback rider' you ask? One of my favourite mondegreens via the Beatles...