Monday 4 July 2022

The parties continue...

 ... for another week... (183/365, 2 Jul 2022)

But first...we are at the halfway point of this project, or perhaps it was yesterday. When you aim for the 'halfway point of '365', you end up at 182.5, mathematically-speaking. Anyway, we are halfway there, which is further than I expected...

Ah, the weekend, people say, like it means a break...lucky them. 'Tis the start of the Open Day season which continues pretty much until all the entrance exams start which goes through until well, about March next year. Goodbye weekends.

The other thing about weekends for me at the moment too is the election campaign. The rallies continue through until 8:00pm on Saturday 9 July, the eve of the election. And as hot and humid as it is...I must go and make my observations. 

Today was revisiting the Reiwa Shinsengumi, again at the Western side of Ikebukuro where they opened their campaign a few weeks ago. They were getting into the summer spirit today with a bon-odori, a popular dance tradition in towns in summer, all over the place. 

There will be a longer post of the politics of it all over on the other blog shortly.









Then it was off to an interview for the newspaper of one of my former unis, the first one I studied at, way back... it was a pleasant weekend kind-of-thing to do I guess.

Pics taken with the Canon EOS M5, 18-150mm.