Sunday 14 February 2016

Day 45 2016: Confucius says...

Day 45: ... #LetThemStay

...well, he might, perhaps. It's been a day of busy-ness and contrast. More tidying, packing, and then into the garden for trimming, hacking, tidying, raking...all the things. Except I stopped short of mowing because of the heat. 

And I thought I might go and see a movie because I had a free ticket to do so and today was the last day for it. So I did. Along with about 1000 other people I estimate. Because of the heat.

On the way there though, I did stop at the protest outside the Children's Hospital in South Brisbane. The bus goes right past there, it seemed like the right thing to do. Hospital staff are taking an important stance against the government refugee detention policies, and I think it is important to demonstrate support. I practice what I teach, teach what I practice. 

So it wasn't too surprising then, that on the way home from the movie ('Brooklyn', in case you are wondering) I happened upon the status of Confucius in the South Bank precinct, with a pleasant pond, as I walked back to the hospital to offer a little more support on the way home. Makes you think.

Thinking

Pond Thinking 1

Pond Thinking 2

Pond Thinking 3
 ___000___

Hospital: inside and outside

Stayers, until the evening, until tomorrow, whatever it takes


It's not hard to do if you seek to be a part of a compassionate, caring community and world. It is what I try and teach, at least...

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 75-300mm, 6.32pm-6.35pm, 6.42pm, 7.13pm; 14 February 2016]