Friday 10 June 2022

Things I should get around to doing...

 ...before it is too late ... (160/365, 9 Jun 2022)

It occurred to me, as I took the long detour to the station, that I should start documenting the final days of the local ferris wheel...yes, its days are numbered. It stands beside a shopping mall called 'Palette Town' and Venus Fort which is undergoing some serious refurbishment. 

It is one of those funny things isn't it that although I've been in the area for the last six and a half years, I still haven't been on the wheel, and I only visited the shopping mall once when some Australian friends visited (I only found out through them what sort of place it was...). 

As part of the redevelopment plans, the wheel is coming down at the end of August. I should certainly try and ride it by then, perhaps on a clear evening as the full moon is rising over the port...hmm, that means I have only one or two chances left.

And while I was thinking about the wheel and doing a urbanscape photo study of the local structures, along came one of the local herons, just gliding over the water...I didn't have the right camera on me to get a pic I really liked, but nice day to end the day nonetheless. 

I must get on that wheel, and get a bird's eye view...soon.







Today's cam, the Canon EOS M5, 18-150mm lens.