Wednesday 1 August 2018

Day 205/365: Stalwart guard of the butterfly...

...as the day flutters by

And we are into day four of the special lectures on whaling issues between Australia and Japan. I was looking forward to hearing about yesterday's class in my absence and seeing how the students are developing their ideas, in English. 

Thusfar, they have expressed some really intense ideas and I think they are surprising themselves with just how much they are drawing on to get their ideas across. Basically, we've been teaching through example that expressing ideas in English can happen outside the structured grammar-based lessons they are used to. Hopefully the students will be inspired to continue the work themselves. 

So it was with light steps I headed down the pathway to work this morning, to be met by yet more butterflies. After a year without seeing any, something in the weather is bringing them out in numbers this year...


In the shade

On the way to work

Scenes from a classroom 1

Scenes from a classroom 2

Scenes from a classroom 3

Chilled


Whereas that big black one near home seems to inhabit that neighbourhood, similarly, I've only ever seen these blue ones here near the campus. 

I guess there is something in that, but I'll have to ponder it. 

And it was my pleasure to take our guest lecturers to dinner after class, and introduce them to the wonders of a chilled sake on a hot July night...it is work but you know, no-one is complaining. 

[Camera : iPhone8, 9.34am, 9.40am, 5.43pm-5.44pm, 7.05pm; 24 July 2018]