Saturday 19 March 2016

Day 72 2016: Fresh and sparkling...

Day 72: ...no, not me...

So I might have been guilty of a bit of a sleep in this morning. But really, it is the first day I haven't been cleaning or packing or something. So yes, I slept in beyond my usual 5.00am. The main task today was to go and get my car professionally detailed before I sell it, all part of the moving overseas deal. I won't be driving for about five years so after driving about 1000km on average a week for the past 13 years, it will be a bit of a change.

It did mean that mum and I got to spend some time together looking around the shops across the road for the few hours it took to clean. That shouldn't be taken as an indication of how dirty the car was (it wasn't really), but rather the actual 'detail' in the cleaning. 

After that, we opted to go to one of mum's favourite little restaurants, which just so happens to be Japanese...

The mural at Yuzu, (detail)

Mural with umbrellas


...with this excellent mural I've admired for some time now. It reflects the food and mood of the place which is very good. Quite authentic too. Luckily, Japanese food doesn't bore me...

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 6.39pm, 12 March 2016]