Wednesday 23 March 2016

Day 83 2016: New start...

Day 82: ...even if it is unofficial

So, my new job starts/started...hard to know really. Officially, I join the staff of my new university on 1 April but I've been writing course outlines since January, and exchanged many emails as well. Today I was able to go and visit, even if just a little early, because, today my new office was available for me to see (but I don't get the key until 1 April...but I can still visit). 

So I got to have lunch with one of the staff members I've known for a little while now and clarify a few points from yesterday's preparation of papers with some other staff. I think we are all pleased to put names to faces after so many emails. 

So, for you today, dear reader, just a few pics of the area where I will be working over the next five years...

The approach, just past the train station

A hint of cherry blossoms

And after the cherries...a tulip festival, soon (how excitement)

The university
 ...and my office: a room with a (wonderful) view of the water and the working area of Tokyo Bay.

Room with a (tenth floor) view


I can hardly wait until I start, 'officially'...

[Camera : iPad Air, 10.45am-10.56am, 12.28pm, 23 March 2016]