Saturday 19 March 2016

Day 78 2016: Getting into the groove...

Day 78: ...doing the usual and the soon to be usual

I probably live a little further away from my workplace than most new staffers would refer but what I give up in proximity, I gain in familiarity. And, let's face it, I've done that before...

There are a few options to choose from in getting to work. Today I thought I'd try what is perhaps the most adventurous for me: travelling a little further by bus to get on at a subway station to save a change at the second busiest station in Tokyo at peak hour. I might be lucky to get a seat for the full 48minute journey, which means a lot of reading...

I guess these are really Tokyo problems aren't they? Anyway, I went, and it seemed to work, at least for those early morning starts. It will be about one hour thirty minutes door-to-door...but I've done that before, without the opportunity to read for an hour. 

After lunch near the uni, I headed back. Not quite the same path. As is my wont,  it was to a nearby bookshop to check up on availability of my selected texts for classes...and of course to buy a couple more relevant texts. There's always a relevant text or two. 

Home via the local Target-style department store to pick up a few things and check on a few other bits and pieces I might need along the way. 

And then home along the street where I see my favourite trees...

Manicured pine

Line the street

And in gardens too


The whole street is lined with them, it is a bit of a local feature. It is a bit of a sign 'I'm home'. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 50mm, 5.14pm-5.16pm, 18 March 2016]