Friday 4 March 2016

Day 63 2016: I'm careful with my comments, but...

Day 63: ...this was too good an opportunity to pass up

I am not the type to be influenced by ads to purchase merchandise. Not often anyway. But over breakfast a little ornament in the art gallery magazine caught my eye. 

You see, as a political scientist, I am sometimes asked to comment on the politics of the day. It's important to not show bias or personal views and I do my best to take a professional approach. 

But I am, as you know dear reader, in commentariat limbo-land at the moment so I decided a unicorn dispenser with rainbow tape was too good an opportunity to pass up as a little joke on our current politics. 

A little fun

I'm taking it to Tokyo with me, as a reminder of the politics I'm leaving behind.*

(*The federal treasurer recently tried to explain away budget plans by talking about unicorns, or their absence. The rainbow tape? Well that will just help them along with the decisions about same-sex marriage...)

And I'm still packing, as this lonely looking folded bike seemed to typify this evening...

Packing
But much fun was had by all. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 9.11pm, 7.17pm, 3 March 2016]