Saturday 19 March 2016

Day 70 2016: Leaves fall...

Day 70: ...but the show must go on

I realised today, my opportunities for pics from the #Brisbane #backyard are quickly diminishing. OK, so I was supposed to be heading back to my mother's place today but...in a story I've heard too many times this week, the tradespeople might come tomorrow. Or not. 

I've spent the day cleaning and tidying and sorting while someone fixes the side gate and, just to make it all very real, my boxes of goods were collected for freighting to Tokyo: fourteen cartons (they're actually not as big as they sound), one suitcase, total 319kg. Mostly books and research materials. Mostly books and research materials that I have bought and collected in Japan over the years...and now they are heading back from whence they came. 

What's that thing they say about life and circles? That. 

So, on my freshly oiled deck, I thought the fallen leaves made a picture of sorts.

Fallen leaf one

Leaf with character

Leaf with a twist

Leaf with rain spots

Well, they'll have to do for today. I've not really the time for much else. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 4.24pm-4.25pm, 10 March 2016]