Wednesday 1 March 2017

Day 58: 27 Feb 2017: Follow-up

Day 58: ...with a few side bars

As I returned from Chiba yesterday, I calculated the time left before the conference in March. Not very much in conference paper terms. Time to step up the research. 

With a few pics of the venue ready to go and some work done on the history, I went in search of some of the popular culture references to surfing. This is the next stage of the work. 

I've ordered a film that was made by the well-known director Kitano Takeshi (that won't arrive quite in time but it will arrive); and on to a bookshop to see what I could see. 

Rail workers union banner

Surf magazine 'Blue'

Found object

Found objects from yesterday, washed and cleaned


There is much more to do for the paper but also beyond. I'm quite looking forward to this project as it unfolds. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 5.29pm, 7.32pm-7.34pm; 27 February 2017]