Saturday 25 March 2017

Day 84, 25 Mar 2017: No complaints...

Day 84: ...much achieved.

Yes, I have to say, it was a reasonably satisfactory day, for a day in the library. My attention is now firmly attuned to the Chicago conference paper so that meant a day in the National Library seeking out more sources. 

I have written previously about the library. I first started using it in 1988 and have been a regular since. Indeed, it is probably number one on my personal list of favourite places to visit in Tokyo. Not a highlight for many, I appreciate, but it is for me. 

I like its order, the flow of work: from requesting journals from the catalogue to ordering the copying of articles to the morning coffee-lunch-afternoon tea cycle through the coffee shop downstairs as I variously await the copying and delivery of texts. 

It is a routine that has barely changed in almost thirty years, even some of the staff (and the menu) remain the same. Today was a little different, the computer hardware is newish but the search and find functions remain pretty much the same. 

Blue sky buds

Leaves

My home away from home

And peeking through...

Budding buddies

We're all ready for next week

Traces under the blue sky

And yes, Parliament House;
no trip to the library is complete without glancing across the road


And the other end of the scale, on the way home I went to a camera shop to print some of the Gold Coast pics for an acquaintance; four pics selected and printed and paid for entirely on the one machine, straight off the SD card. While some things remain pretty much the same, some others are forever in a state of change. 

A good work day, overall. Even if it was Saturday for everyone else.

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 4.11pm-4.18pm; 25 March 2017]