Sunday 30 July 2017

Day 211.1, 30 Jul 2017: A special showing...

Day 211.1: ...the art of ikebana

There's a funny story my mum tells that she suspects my interest in Japan began the week I was born when, still in hospital, apparently some helpful person came visiting new mothers with ideas for hobbies (because they would have so much time on their hands...) and one of them was ikebana, the Japanese art of flower arranging. Apparently neither she, nor I, took up the offer but there you go. And here we are. Some decades later, I'm back working in Japan and today, as part of the Meiji Shrine excursion, I got to see some exquisite examples of the art as a part of a special exhibition. 







説明を追加

And the context of the display...


I thought they were worth a post all their own. Just beautiful.

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 3.32pm-3.37pm; 30 July 2017]