Wednesday 7 May 2014

Day 127: Those clouds ...

Day 127: ...prelude to a sunset

A day to work at home mostly, once I'd undertaken a few necessary chores, and did some necessary reading at my little coffee shop up the road (to take a necessary little recuperative break...).

During the day, the clouds continued to intrigue; a quite unintended follow-up to yesterday, but truly rather a sight to behold. I took a number of pics during the day, but it was the sunset show put on by the central character that stole the afternoon. In the absence of the proper camera, I was left with just a few snapshots but gee, it was stunning. I was also intrigued by the way the clouds changed over the day.


Started with : major cloud with cloudlet backdrop (prelude to a sunset)

And then...


It started...

Flared briefly...



...and was over in five


Another lesson in 'always carry the proper camera'...oh well. But I sensed a touch of painter Tim Storrier in those clouds this afternoon.


**--**--**--**

And today, we learned that media organisation Fairfax is to shed several jobs including many of the fabulous photographers. As an amateur, I look to photojournalism as one of sources for inspiration all the time. I know I can pretend to take a 'good pic' through a fruit phone, or now that I've reacquainted myself with the 'M' mode on the DSLR, I can take an amateur version of an arty pic. But they'll never be what the pros present us with day in day out...Journalism, yet another of our society's pillars which we are diminishing on the false premise of 'neoliberal efficiency'. (Yes, dear reader, I know, I have 'psephy's~ologies' for the political blog rant, but photography matters...here. (^.^)/)

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 2.34pm, 5.19pm, 5.22pm, 5.26pm]