Wednesday 7 May 2014

Day 126: Head in the clouds...

Day 126: ...not likely

Another day on campus today, primarily to talk to the first year students about the whys and wherefores of sticking with learning a language, even when we might think it is too hard to continue. It is a nice way for me to meet the first-year students and I also got a chance to meet the second years again. It is nice to see them continuing. 

I mainly talked to them about where my language study had taken me, right up to my present project on Watanabe. It is always nice to have the chance to present work to those who haven't seen it before and a good opportunity for me get some new ideas in order. 

It meant that the day was fairly intense up until I had to leave campus mid-afternoon to return to Brisbane for another engagement. All I really managed to see outside the classrooms were the clouds in the sky. They've been really very interesting the past few days and although we generally get stunning #612bluesky views this time of year, sometimes the clouds are pics themselves. 

Cloud streaks

I was particularly struck by the grey streaks sitting below the white in this one. A touch of the grey matter as the foundation for the imagination above. Much needed, since I also learned I missed out on a grant I was hoping to get to support the research further. Oh well.

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 3.39pm]