Tuesday 3 November 2015

Day 306 2015: Lily on the dustbin...

Day 306: ...in the light of early morn

Every time I see lilies, I recall one of my favourite book titles, 'Lily on the Dustbin', a book of Australian sayings collected by Nancy Keesing. It was a book I bought many many years ago, around the time I started to buy books for interest, pleasure and curiosity, rather than a strictly study purpose. 

It was a collection of sayings of Australian women and families and I chuckled my way through it as I came across sayings that I thought were 'unique' to my family but in fact, were in much more general usage. 

And so it is when I see the madonna lilies on the veranda unfurl each day. They've probably reached peak furl now, always photogenic. 

Sunlight on the lily on the veranda


Quite pretty really. And the book is probably worth another visit.

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 75-300mm, 8.45am]