Sunday 29 November 2015

Day 332 2015: Tyger, tyger...

Day 332: ...heading for Christmas

Not that it is top of my mind, dear reader, Christmas I mean. I spent Christmas Day last year in the Japanese diplomatic history archives in Tokyo...this year, there are family plans (be afraid...be. very. afraid...ahem). 

But today. Today I was working away on a book review which is due soon. With no plans for plays, rehearsals, concerts, etc, it seemed like a good thing to do. 

So I sat and worked and then...

...in flew a beetle. I thought at first it was my first Christmas beetle for the season. I used to anticipate the Christmas beetles as a child, they are one of my favourites. 

But I'm not quite sure about this one: 

Going up


It has the Christmas (scarab) beetle shape, the Christmas (scarab) beetle sound, the Christmas (scarab) beetle moves. But it looks like it is skipping Christmas entirely and aiming straight for a New Years dress-up. Bring it on. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 11.42am]