Tuesday 24 November 2015

Day 327 2015: A small, subtle sign...

Day 327: ...of things to come

Brisbane does 'summer' really very well. Hot sunny days (of which I am a bit of a fan) and then storms (of which I am less of a fan if I am out and about, quite happy if I am at home). 

And so it was today. Hot day, hot office. Home run for expected rehearsal with 'warnings' of pretty bad storms. Can't say we didn't see it coming. There is a particularly interesting phenomenon when the storms approach--the line where the storm approaches and the clouds begin to eat the blue sky.

And so it was at 5.21pm, with just a hint of storm cloud...


Here comes the cloud

...I had hoped it meant it would be all over by rehearsal time but it hit its peak just as I should have been on the road. I wasn't going to risk that. 

Turned out to be not much rain in the end, but the lightning was whoa!

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 5.21pm]