Monday 30 November 2015

Day 334 2015: Galah seeks possum...

Day 334: ...or, a possum short of a pack of galahs

You will know, dear reader, I am fortunate to have an enormous range of wonderful birds flocking in and out of my backyard. It does away with the need for bird cages and captive pets when lorikeets, kookaburras, pheasant coucals, pacific bazas and the like come and go as they please. Not to mention the crows, magpies, butcher birds, crested pigeons and more recently some scrub turkeys (migrants from north of the river); and definitely must not mention the noisy miners. Don't want to encourage them. And I'd like the pale-headed rosellas back, please. 

Two species I've not seen in the backyard (although I've heard them further out the back in the bushland) are the cockatoos and the galahs. My picster friend Shelley gets excellent and enviable cockatoo shots, and I've secretly harboured a personal challenge to get some backyard cockatoos. One day. 

Then this morning, just as I was heading out the door to work, two galahs in search of poss, turned up in the big gum tree out the back. That's inside the perimeter fence. That counts. 

Galah acting cockatoo as accomplice searches for a 'friend'

Marvellous. And if this was the November project, there'd be more pics. But today is 30 November. It is still November so it is still project within a project time. But it ends here and now. 

Maybe they'll return tomorrow, having visited once today. 

I hope so.

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 75-300mm, 6.25am]