Friday 25 March 2022

Moonshine...

 ... no, not what you are thinking... (83/365, 24 Mar 2022)

As we have passed the Spring equinox, the sun is rising earlier and, particularly during these Covid years, if I haven't had to set an alarm to wake up, I haven't, preferring to wake up to the light of day. Yes, in summer, that means *very* early, but I've tended to be more of a morning person anyway. Just as well.

But have you ever been woken up by the light of the moon? Maybe I don't sleep heavily, I don't know the technical reasons, but occasionally the moon shines through the window in such a way that it can wake me up. (Maybe I'm making too much of this, maybe it is just coincidence right?) 

Anyway, this morning, not so much a case of being woken up by the moon, but when I did wake up the moon was in its setting mode, just as the sun was coming up. It makes for some interesting light and shade. 

I know we take lots of pics of the full moon, but the moon in its other phases is also interesting. And as someone from the Antipodes, living in the northern hemisphere, I'll never get bored with the idea that all the celestial bodies are 'around the other way', depending on your point of view. Good lesson for life that.





And at the same time, a quick view on how the sakura are coming along in the park. Not long now.

Today taken with the Canon EOS 90D, 100-400mm lens, at 400mm, with just a bit of cropping. Pic one at 1/800, and pic 2 at 1/640, 200 ISO, at 6.06am. Just a subtle difference.