Wednesday 20 April 2016

Day 111 2016: Season's end...

Day 111: ...but there'll be something in its place

I might be missing the birds back home but I have to say the flora around the campus precinct is quite stunning. And OK, tulips may not be native to Japan but that have become a significant reminder of spring for quite some time here now.

The parklands have featured arrangements of tulips for the last few weeks now, peaking a couple of weekends ago for the tulip festival. They are reaching their end point now and I expect they will be pulled from the grounds fairly soon.

So what does a person with a camera and a penchant for wrinkled petals do?

This, of course...

Peeling away

Lean on me

Fading

wrinkly fire

By half

streaks

crepe paper


Roses, tulips, lilies. Whatever the flower, I think there is just as much grace and beauty as it turns as when the flower is in full bloom. But perhaps it is just an age thing.

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 5.39pm-5.42pm, 20 April 2016]