Saturday 24 December 2016

Day 359 2016: Christmas Eve...

Day 359: ...in the office, of course

It is Christmas Eve. It is also Saturday and I have a class to prepare for Monday. So of course, it was a day, or afternoon at least, in the office. Classes stop for no-one, not even Santa. 

It is probably the fifth or sixth Christmas I have spent in Japan. The first was back in 1983, when I had just arrived as a brand new exchange student, the following year, 1984, I worked for the first time on Christmas Day. I recall it felt a bit odd. 

But today, was just a run of the mill day, writing up notes, doing some research, looking out the window from time to time. 

Christmas line-up

Coloured skies

Tokyo Tower as a tree

The wheel

Changing colour

...to a snowflake

Santas
And then, just as I was packing up to leave, I remembered that there were to be a few fireworks next door, near the Rainbow Bridge. I don't really come prepared to take pictures of fireworks...



Rainbow Bridge

Let the fireworks begin

Behind the buildings 

Fancy

Understated

Multiplex

Bokeh

Slow motion



Pinwheel





The end

...but it really didn't matter (actually, yes, it really did)... it is Christmas, and a little colour doesn't go astray.

Merry Christmas Eve to all (reading this on 24 December; Merry Christmas, if you are already into 25 December).


[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 3.58pm, 4.52pm, 6.46pm-7.13pm; 24 December 2016]