Sunday 10 December 2017

Day 344, 10 Dec 2017: Another Sunday...

Day 344: ...another day at work

I had a plan once. A grand plan. Each Sunday I would head somewhere different: a park, the beach, somewhere. I was concerned I would get to the end of five years here and will have really only spent that time in Tokyo, unless work commitments had me elsewhere. Well, it is a fine plan except for this time of year. Entrance exams. And we attend to supervise (last week) or meet the students who have passed and will come to the uni starting next year (today), a kind of orientation, or meet the staff type of thing. 

Nice, I suppose. 

Anyway, I went and found myself with a spare hour of so in between, unable to go too far (transport issues) nor did I bring any actual work with me, because I wasn't expecting the spare time. (Although, of course, one always carries a spare book or three just for moments like these.)

It gave me a chance to wander around the campus, which was nice. The leaves are mostly gone, but some colour is still there...

Red

Red with sunlight

leaves in the shade

Bright, pitted

Memorial for students killed by the Tokyo bombing during WW2

The fallen cone

Leaves of the icho tree, Tokyo's tree

Looks like this

More afternoon sun

Standing out a bit

Camellias are on the way

Blue sky and branches

Pine needles in a stack

Almost magenta

Bird life

tree trunk

The fallen

Purples


It's back to the main job in the morning, the early start, the crowded train...there is a short holiday in just two weeks from now. And counting...

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 2.12pm-2.34pm; 10 December 2017]