Saturday 23 December 2017

Day 352, 18 Dec 2017: Not so sparkly...

Day 352: ...but the work goes on

I'm fortunate that I'm an early riser. Have been for years, have no problems with that. I even seem to have nurtured some kind of internal body clock that wakes me before the alarm goes off, whatever the time. 

Monday morning is an especially early start to make sure I allow time to arrive in the office well before the scheduled 9.00am class. But even this morning's internal clock went a little wonky. 3.20am! That's like working on Brisbane time in Tokyo. But then that telltale rumble that wasn't hunger, and that subsequent body shiver that wasn't from the cold (even though it was cold out there). No, that particular moment when the mind races back to 12 hours prior...what was it I ate? 

Obviously you don't need details from here on in dear reader, suffice to say it was a bit of a struggle to get on the train, get to the office, make it to class. But I did.

So the portly sparkles helped early on...

A room with a view with sparkles

Just keep going...

Putting things in place...

High wire act...keep on working


But it took much of the day to recover. And the culprit? Well, I do have a liking for what we call nikuman, steamed buns. Originally, they were simply pork. But in recent years the makers have been venturing into all sorts of variations, some good (pizza, tick), chocolate, (not so tick). And yesterday, I got the last one in the shop, 'cheese curry'. Now, my head said no, but my self-pity at being at work on Sunday said yeah, why not, give it a go. Yeah, don't.

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 8.43am, 2.56pm, 2.57pm, 3.22pm; 18 December 2017]