Saturday 9 December 2017

Day 342, 8 Dec 2017: Blue skies one day...

Day 342: ...winter the next

So what is that saying? 'Careful what you wish for?' or similar...Yes, yesterday's, indeed the last two days of stunning blue skies turned to remind us that it is actually winter. By the time I left work at about 8.00pm, there was rainy, sleety, rain with accompanying chill wind. I wasn't at all surprised to find that just a couple of suburbs away recorded a brief snowfall. I suspect there will be more of that this week. 

There was a delay getting to work this morning. The trains, well, when they are good they are very very good but when one stops...the rest is chaos. And not on one of my lines this morning, but both! That is just bad luck. With good planning, it is really not much more than an inconvenience, the trains do get going again, just late. Whenever I have classes to get to, I always give myself a buffer, just in case. So far it has worked out ok, the longest hold up has been an hour, and I've still made it. It's a big buffer. 

Bridge span through the haze

Over and out (of here) 


Hazy day on the Bay today, limited opportunities for pics, it is getting darker earlier and earlier each day. But there is always something to look at. 

Now, time to find the snow boots and gloves...

[Lumix TZ-85, 2.52pm-2.57pm; 8 December 2017]