Saturday 9 December 2017

Day 341, 7 Dec 2017: Just another day...

Day 341: ...close to paradise

You can forget sometimes, just how exotic friends and family think it is to be living and working overseas, especially if that city just happens to be Tokyo, that workplace just happens to be by the Bay, just happens to be in the heart of where a number of Olympic venues will be in 2020. 

But it is also just work. Work that is like work at home: classes, preparation, meetings, marking, grants writing, grants thinking, research...OK, maybe that' snot in the realm of normal working for most people. 

Days like today, clear blue skies, open spaces, really do make me appreciate what I do, where I am and how I got here...

secret signs in the quad

Last of the colours

On a clear-ish day

But we've all got work to do


...really. I don't take it for granted, really. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 1.19pm-1.20pm; 7 December 2017]