Monday 8 August 2022

Stone the crows?

... I couldn't possibly... (197/365, 16 Jul 2022) 

In the midst of all that is going on, this morning started off with a guest presentation on a webinar (who even knew of that word until a couple of years ago...) beamed into Australia. We talked about art and the anti-nuclear movement, new projects, keeping on the peace track, especially (and always) in these times.

It was a request at short notice in the midst of quite an historic week, but in a way it resonated with events of the last week, particularly as Japan sits on the cusp of returning to a stronger military base. 

Once it was done, it was, frankly, time for a rest. Of sorts.

Outside, the birds were doing their variations on singing their favourites, including the crows (or ravens, I think some people prefer here, I'm sure there is a difference, but ...)

Watching



I managed to get this one in take-off mode. 

Oh, and 'stone the crows', for my non-Australian audience, is an old saying we have that means 'you are kidding' (I think), it doesn't mean what it says.

Today's cam, because it was close to hand, the Canon EOS 90D, 70-300mm lens.