Saturday 11 January 2014

Day 11: Blurring the lines...

 Day 11: ...between work and play

I think I am the type who finds 'holidays' a little difficult to deal with. I've been working away for the last little while although officially I'm on leave and indeed have several more weeks I need to soak up in accumulated time. Today's pics are from the garden (again) but it was a mowing day and general clean up after some more work on the current research project. A little industriousness, like the ant, and a little washed over, like the water on the bromeliad...



A little industry...
....and blurring the lines




















Even when I sit down to read a novel 'for pleasure', the tendency is to go for something that offers something for my teaching. Today I started Ruth Ozeki's latest, A Tale for the Time Being...footnotes, appendices, a bibliography... and a story about flotsam from the 3.11 tsunami, washed up on the US west coast...no wonder my lines between work and play get blurred. 


[Camera : iPhone 4S, 6.27pm & 6.30pm]