Wednesday 15 June 2022

A sequence of events...

 ... a moment with the sparrows ... (161/365, 10 Jun 2022)

No classes today as term one draws to a close and we gear up for term 2 (which starts next week...no rest). As one who is an advocate for 'slow learning', 'slow thinking', I find the increasing shrinkage of weighty thinking subjects to be a little disturbing. I can appreciate the impatience of your typical undergraduate (I was one once), but what once was taught over a year, was trimmed to a fifteen week semester, then thirteen weeks, those semesters were split into two terms and let's not even talk about intensives--'the social contract' in five days...nah-ah. No wonder I'm looking forward to early retirement. 

Nonetheless, I headed to the office for there is always preparation to do. (One day soon, that preparation will be book writing, but I digress...) I was thinking of an early return home when I received a call from ABC to appear on one of their evening programs at around 9:30 Tokyo time. So, a slight change in plans, and late in the afternoon a trip down the promenade to get something for dinner (which I was otherwise planning to do on the way home). As always I took the cam with me because I know there is always something on the promenade...

As it turned out, once I waited for a few minutes, the sparrows started gathering around, just where I had strategically placed myself, at the bubbler, because I've caught them here before and with the humidity rising as summer approaches, I figured they would be here. 





In flight...

Looking up for a moment




Not many, but just enough to make it interesting (and probably have others strolling the promenade wondering what I was doing...). 

Cam was the EOS M5, 18-150mm lens.