Sunday 22 June 2014

Day 171: A little urbanity...

Day 171: ...or just the the urban

A full day of meetings today over the other side of town, the last of its kind for me for a while anyway. My term for this particular council is almost complete so one less responsibility. It is another part of the gradual de-linking of my life as I walk different paths. 

The building in which we meet is in an odd, though convenient, place transport-wise. The trip in the morning is on two buses; the quickest way home however, is via train into the city and bus home. 

And the train station is where I found myself with the first opportunity to take a pick all day (although the brownies at lunchtime were probably worth a pic all their own). It occurred to me as I stood there that I will make few trips from here anymore and I do like a bit of chunky urban landscape...perhaps one of my favourite photographic genres, after birds, flora, fauna, the moon, food, seascapes...and so forth. You, dear reader, pretty much know the drill by now...

Solidity
Blue sky, interrupted
I also quite like traveling by train. Blame it on all those Tokyo years perhaps but commuting by train is quite handy, I'd like to do it more often. I shall miss it.

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 4.07pm, 4.09pm]