Wednesday 2 December 2015

Day 335 2015: A letter came...

Day 335: ...a new phase begins, soon

Well, providing there are no issues with the visa processing...

You see, dear reader, I've been waiting for the formal letter. I've been living somewhere between the friendly welcoming handshake of September and the promise of a formal letter ever since.  

First, it was going to be just after the 16 October board meeting; then it was 'in the post' early in November...yesterday, with no letter in sight, I sent an enquiring email to the university...not wanting to hurry them up but with heightening levels of anxiety...

So this morning I was looking at some texts I bought in Tokyo back in September--sort of knowing that  I am supposed to prepare classes for these topics...but still not knowing too. Awkward, kinda.

Politics and peace studies...next move

Then, today, just as I was leaving work, I received an email which included the formal notice of offer for my new job, in Tokyo, teaching politics, starting next year. So, it is on, finally and now, formally. Well, subject to obtaining the relevant visas of course. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 9.22pm]