Saturday 5 December 2015

Day 339 2015: It's beginning to look...

Day 339: ... a lot like...a lot of lights

Yes, dear reader, 'tis the season to be jolly, trala-lala-lah, la-la-la, or somesuch. I like Christmas, more or less. I'm not a grinch-type by any means but if I missed it, I wouldn't mind. Last year, for example, I sat in the diplomatic archives in Tokyo, working away. 

Part of my community music work means going off to play in Christmas-inspired concerts, both with the Orchestra and with the Clarinet Choir. A church over on the northside has had both groups play there for a few years now as part of its December music festival. They don't want an overly-Christmas presentation (just one carol sufficed) but they do like their music. As it happens, these will be my last concerts in Brisbane for a while, before I head off to work in Tokyo next year. It's a bit sad in a way. I've really appreciated the camaraderie of these groups.

And the church is famous for its award-winning CHRISTMAS LIGHTS...because Christmas in Brisbane, is all about the lights. 

Light drops

It starts here

Zoom along

Zooming

Fly by...

(and I played around with them, and the focal length, just a little bit...)

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 9.40pm-9.42pm]