Friday 25 December 2015

Day 358 2015: The Eve of Christmas...

Day 358: ...let the 'joy' begin...

No, really, I do mean that. Wherever and however it may be. For me it started with another trip to the shopping centre up the road. Not because I'm forgetful or under-organised; no, it is actually how I plan these things. There's something about Christmas Eve shopping that, I don't know, I find quite enjoyable (although I think my mum nailed it when she said it is probably because I catch a bus rather than try and find a car park...there might be something in that).

I also spent the day comparing it with what I was doing last year...working away in the Tokyo Diplomatic Archives on a research project. Bit of a contrast. 

Anyway, the presents are wrapped, I've gone with the minimalist Christmas decorations and I'm breathing deeply and thinking calm thoughts as I prepare to attend a day with the extended family on the Sunshine Coast (because driving up to near my workplace is just what I look forward to on a day off...).

My thanks to all those who work on Christmas Eve keeping the place ticking over: all the shop assistants, the bus drivers and those who keep our hospitals (and radio) going over the holiday period. 

So for those of you who have Santa on his way, it is warmest wishes from him...

St Nick will soon be on his way...

He might have been...

Xmas minimalism
...and me. 

Merry Christmas. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 7.28pm-7.30pm]