Sunday 13 December 2015

Day 346 2015: More raindrops...

Day 346: ...on the lily

When it comes to the weekend, one has so many plans, many of which include outdoor chores such as washing, mowing, trimming, weeding etc...

And then it rains. And rains. 

So after our last clarinet rehearsal of the year (an open rehearsal, which is always an interesting experience...), I opted for some matters that needed attention at the shopping centre. It also afforded me an opportunity to catch a movie (for research purposes of course) about the writing of the famous novel, Moby Dick, by Herman Melville. It was interesting and added some useful material to my whaling research. 

But by the end of the day, the rain hadn't abated so another go at going into to town to capture the city lights had to be postponed. I feel like I'm running out of time... 

Luckily, raindrops on garden plants never lose their photographic attraction. 

Pools of raindrops

stem

Raindrops


This one is an interesting Peace Lily, or anthurium. It is green and red which, as I think about it, adds a certain christmassy colour to the back veranda. I might be OK if I miss the Christmas decorations after all. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm,  1.23pm-1.24pm]